PDA

View Full Version : Random Rear Wash Wipe

SJeavons
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Does anyone else have there rear wiper start to wipe when they start their car? The only way I can stop it is by turning the rear wiper on and off.

Thanks
Simon

zf44
13-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Mine does the same, reported it to the local dealer and they said all versions of the Golf do this when the driver selects reverse. This didn't happen when I had Golf courtesy cars and there is no reference to this in the handbook :confused:. Do you also notice the climate control fan getting louder when you reverse :confused::confused:

SJeavons
13-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I know that if the front wipers have been used and reverse is selected then the rear wiper activates. My rear wiper activates when I start the car up and the front wipers haven't been used and reverse has been selected either! Dealers have said to take it back when it next happens. It's always when i'm miles away from them and when they are closed!!!! Hadn't noticed the fan noise, i'll listen out for that one from nopw on and let you know.

The Fingers
13-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I had a standard golf that used to do something similar.

The rear wiper would sometimes just start on its own and keep going constantly until i took the key out and re started the car.

There was no sense to it it would just decide to go off when ever it wanted to.

It would never do it when in with the dealer and they just said 'computer says ..........NO'

Good luck

alibaly
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
mine only does this if I have the front wipers switched on and I go into reverse.

good luck with the dealer

CharlesCourtney
01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi,

Does anyone else have there rear wiper start to wipe when they start their car? The only way I can stop it is by turning the rear wiper on and off.

Thanks
Simon

I had this on my 55 plate Golf Plus - it took me ages to figure out what was going on - and in the end I worked out it would only happen if, since I turned the car off last it had gone into the boot. When I told the dealer this they had seen something similar on the std golf and there was a known fault with the sensor on the wiper motor- they replaced the motor under warranty and problem went away.

Hope this helps

Charles