PDA

View Full Version : Question Cone Air filter ?

vector74
09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can fit a cone filter to a (ace engine) 1994 2.0 16v audi coupe?
http://www.andysautosport.com/images/detailed_product/performance/intakes/air_filters/airaid_cone_filter.jpg
I had a look and cant really tell where it would fit on ? Anybody got a relevant pic from a manual to show me where it would go as I cant get a manual for mine (?)

Thanks.

zollaf
16-10-2008, 09:17 AM
ive got the same car as you and you cant put a cone filter in it. the airfilter housing is part of the injection system. i put a k&n replacement filter in mine and also removed the inlet pipe from the airbox. this restricts the airflow, especially if your warm air inlet control thingy is jammed so it only draws hot air off the manifold.<mine was> you can then make up a cold air induction thingy to direct air to the now large hole in bottom of the airfilter box. this gives a noticable increase in power and a lovely induction noise. i know its not how audi intended it to be, but if you keep all your old bits you can put it back how it was and leave the k&n in there. i found the filter on ebay for a little over £30.

vector74
16-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Cheers mate, thats what I thought ie not possible.