PDA

View Full Version : mk1 golf gti for sale modified

gavst4
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Volkswagen golf GTi mk1, 1.8 8v, 1981 X reg, only 104500 genuine miles, new 12 months mot and long tax, 3 door, 2 seats, nearly finished project, this car turns heads like u would not believe, quiet power-flow exhaust. deep throaty engine sound after 3500 rpm, nice quiet subtle note under 3500rpm, roughly 130 BHP but light weight car so power 2 weight ratio high, great fun to drive, 3 good and 1 ok TOYO rubbers , all new CV joints, gators ect, new rear wheel bearings, new slave cylinders in rear drums, new rear brake pad set up, inc new brake lines at the rear, recent front wheel bearings, 2.00 reading on emissions (real good),
very reluctant sale but round the world trip kind of forces it, I had the car restored only months ago 4 RTTS 08, new inner and outer arches all round, rear valance replaced, engine bay re-sprayed, full body re-spray, lots of time and money spent, in auction I will loose a substantial amount of money, but that’s not what I did this project for as all dubbers and car enthusiasts will understand, it isn’t a perfect vehicle but it is 27-28 years old, it’s a beautiful car for its age and 1 of the finer mk1s on the market, a must see as photos do it no justice, this car runs like a dream and is surprisingly smooth, I cant think of anything that would require immediate attention, all minor things ( c bottom 4 details)
Start with the performance…
1.8 8v Gti k-jet
Audi oversize gas flowed port and polished throttle bodies,
Strut brace,
Blue anodized power pipe raw tube,
K n N panel filter,
2 branch manifold,
Full power flow stainless steel exhaust, (£450)
1.6 GTi 5speed box
Short shift gear linkage (adjustable)
Lightweight flywheel
Upgraded clutch
New radiator
Black diamond cross drilled and grooved disks, (245 each on brake tester!!!)
inside…
4 point show roll cage, (looks really good)
Sparco FIA approved bucket seats
3 point harnesses
MoMo competition steering wheel
Rear strut brace
Handling…
JAMEX fully adjustable coil overs, up to 125mm drop
Upper and lower front strut braces
TOYO proxes R tyres (195-45-15)
Exterior and visual…
New front duckbill spoiler
5slat de-badged front grill with red neon 4 radiator
15’’ fox race alloys
Lowered 125 mm approx all round
Newly sprayed arch spats and bumpers
M3 style rear clusters
Colour coded mirrors
Single wiper conversion
Smoked front indicators
Sidelights moved to underside of front bumper (for unique look)
After market deeper glass sunroof
Volkswagen decals on lower doors
Complete de badged boot lid
Rear wiper an jet removed and smoothed
Rear black window surround removed
Rear boot lid spoiler (subtle and neat)

Audio.
JVC head unit with MP3 CD tuner and 3.5 mm AUX port
Sony ex’plod door speakers
Vibe CBR 12 active sub with built in amp (1600 watt)
Bad bits…
The sunroof leaks as it is missing a bolt, but as every mk1 golf u will never stay dry whilst driving it lol
Casing of driver side door handle loose, (fully operational still)
Door will need to be realigned as it has dropped slightly
1 of the 2 dash lights will need replacing,
the car likes to run on half way on temp gauge, maybe a new thermostat needed,
Drivers door has caught the pillar an chipped paint back to primer, its not bad or large, about an inch long approx,
A small intake pipe will need replacing as it has split (I have patched it up with tape temporarily and runs fine) and the wires will need some attention (again all working), also blowers on heaters not working, they were fine b4 I striped and rebuilt it which indicates a simple problem such as a wire not connected,
2 of the 3 VDO gauges are not wired correctly (not in right order but all present and previously worked)
Also included in the sale:
Another 1.8 8v gti engine with kent cam, verneir pulleys, lightweight and balanced bottom end, in need of bottom end bearings, red GTi front and rear seats in excellent cond, seat belt and accessories, front twin head light grill with red surrounding strip and inner spots,
tel dan on 07917 875120

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/gavs66fairlane/GOLF26.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/gavs66fairlane/GOLF9.jpg