PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting Cruise Control Audi S3

omegadirective
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to put cruise control on my S3, but www.vwcruise.com (http://www.vwcruise.com) charge a lot to be called out. I was wondering if there is anywhere cheaper to get it done, or whether I should just bite the bullet and call them out to Glasgow and make the trip down myself.

Does anyone know any good companies in Scotland (preferably north of scotland) who installs OEM cruise control for an affordable price?

Cheers,

Odie.

(I was also wanting to get the auto-lock over 10/20 mph and the bleep when central locking, would this be better and cheaper via a VAGCOM user, or getting some garage to perform this for me? VW Cruise are £10 for both. Odie.)

paul b
09-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I have seen VW/Audi main dealers advertising the fitting of cruise control on e-bay. Seems very cheap... and it's a main dealer!

Regarding the speedlocking etc... I've recently done it on my A6, but there are many different ways to do it. I can't remember the name of the different coding types but it the coding of the CCM works differently in my A6 compared to an A4. You will need to find someone good with VAG-COM, I could do it... but I would need instructions on how... plus it would cost you over £20 in fuel to get to me.

But if you found a forum member in your area... a few beers could be seen as payment. ;)

Paul

omegadirective
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Thats what I was thinking! :)

If the main dealers are doing it fairly cheap then I'd be more than happy to get it done there! :)

I'll maybe give some dealers a call tomorrow! :)

omegadirective
10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks to the Admin who moved this! I noticed when I saw the moved notification that I posted it in the wrong section. I think I'll have to make sure I don't have too many VWAF windows open in future! ;)

SEMKY
10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Let me know if you get anywhere with the locking and the beep mate, I fancy doing this too....
I can barely get my Vagcom to read the car! Best not start messing about with codes and stuff myself! ;)

omegadirective
10-10-2008, 11:26 AM
:) Thats what I was thinking myself! I'd rather not mess with it when I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing! I'll let you know as soon as I get my S3 back! :)

paul b
13-10-2008, 09:45 AM
The way it was done with my A6 was changing the 5 number (I think!) convenience coding setting. To do this I had to go into address 46 Central Convenience on VAG-COM. That was a little tricky... got a lot of help from A8 Tech with it.

But on my T5 it was a case of going into (I can't remember the number) Central locks, and just changing values from a 0 to a 1. Much easier! :D

Let us know how you get on. ;)

Paul