PDA

View Full Version : A8 Service Indicator

maltwiz
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi all - in my old model S8 there was a simple button that allowed to check how many miles to next service - now run a new model A8 3.0 TDi Sport and frustrated at not having this same facility. DO I have to wait for the systems to tell me when the car need serviced or is there a way of digging into the menus to get the details myself?

Incidentally - always change the oil/filter at 9k miles - this lengthy service interval stuff cannot be good for the car irrespective of how good they may claim the new oils are!

Gerbil
13-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I noticed the same problem. I asked my dealer and they kindly plugged in their computer and told me I had another 6k miles to go.

Frustrating that the car will not tell the user, but then the manual is incredibly lacking in any user actions - I still cannot find out how to change a bulb if one goes!!

maltwiz
13-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Ta

working on average monthly mileage is u/s for those of us with peaky mileage through the year - will probably just do my own thing based on whn the last service was done!

Bloody cars trying to be too clever!!!!

Gerbil
14-10-2008, 09:54 PM
my old a6 had variable servicing and a few months I did not drive it (broken wrist!)
The indicator fluctuated with the unused days. It seemed to calculate the number of days to the two year service or the number of miles and so the indicator went up and down if it was not used or was heavily used.

This A8 has been in the garage for 40 days so service indicator (if I could see it) would probably be erratic!

None too happy about the 40 days off the road, but hopefully after the religious undertones of "40 days" it is now ressurected!