PDA

View Full Version : Glove box light

funkymonkey
09-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi Everyone!

My glovebox light is on constantly and is draining the battery. Luckily its a daily driver, so not too much of a problem, but I'll be leaving for longer very soon and dont want the battery to die on my return!

So, either i need to fix the switch, which i cant find, or remove the bulb, which i cant seem to do without bending the glovebox lining.

HELP! where is the switch and how do you get to it to fix / replace? failing that, how do you remove the bulb without royally ruining the glovebox lining?

cheers everyone!

kite
09-10-2008, 10:35 AM
What about removing the glovebox, 6 screws, and removing the bulb from the back.
With the glovebox out you may find the switch.

Beaversport10
09-10-2008, 07:53 PM
yeah the glove box comes out easy enough, took mine out to hide a bluetooth kit.

n_c
09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
If you take off the panel on the left hand side (the one the passenger door closes against) there's a damper attached to the left hand hinge, and I think the swittch must be in there. The damper came off on mine a few days ago and as a side-effect, the light didn't work. You may be able to see the switch just by taking the panel off rather than removing the glovebox. Just a thought :o

mell
09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
You can easily get to the plunger and glovebox switch by opening passenger door and removing plastic end plate on dash with srewdriver. I had the same problem it is a very common fault.

funkymonkey
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
thanks for your help guys. Took the passenger dash end cover off, and the damper was right there, hanging off. the pin through the glove box hinge had failed, and the damper clip had also failed.

soloution? unplugged the damper from the loom, and roberts your fathers brother!

just need to get a new damper now!