PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Rip Off Person Help!!!

LIFELOVEORANGE
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
HI, IM A NEW AUDI OWNER.
I HAVE A 1999 2.4 AVANT V6. I BOUGHT THIS FROM AN EBAYER WHO STAMPED UP FALSE SERVICE HISTORY FROM AUDI, ( THEY NOW knOW)
IM TAKING HIM TO COURT!!! MY PROBLEM IS BECAUSE IT WAS FALSE SERVICE HISTORY I CAN NOT FIND WHEN THE CAM WAS DONE.
IVE HAD A QUOTE FOR 300. THE GUY NOW SAYS HE CAN GET IT DONE FOR 150 BECAUSE IT IS ONLY THE SAME AS AN AUDI 1.8 T ENGINE.
IS THIS RIGHT? THE GARAGE I USED RECOMMENDED A WATER PUMP TO, IS THIS RECOMMENDED?
ANY HELP PLEASE :zx11:
ANDREA

mluton
08-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Definatly get the waterpump done, its a must.

Not sure the engines are a like though.

So what are you taking him to court for, to undo the deal or get the money back for the value difference on a unserviced car ?

Welcome to the forum

LIFELOVEORANGE
08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I Went To Audi, Who Were Supposed To Have Servised It, And They Didnt Know The Car, And Told Me They Had A Stamp Stolen, Obviously The Guy Knows Who Has It.
Ive Contacted Him And He Told Me He Did Know It Was False, Although He Sold It To Me As Full Service History.
He Has Offered Me 75 Quid To Get The Cam And Water Pump Done.
Hence Solicitor.
All I Want Is For Him To Put It Right.
I Cannot Sell The Car As It Is False Service Register.
Audi Are Not Happy

mluton
08-10-2008, 09:43 PM
So just the cambelt and water pump change and no going to court ?

I recon between £300 - £500 for the cambelt and waterpump. Where are you in the country ?

LIFELOVEORANGE
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Yep Thats All I Want. He Should Fix It. So Far Ive Had New Front And Rear Discs And Pads And A New Set Of Springs Put Onit, But Ive Put That Down To Wear And Tear But Im Buggered If Im Paying For This Too.
Im In Manchester

mluton
08-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Best place to be.

I used these guys for mine, Sarah is the contact there and great prices.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/

Did you know that a cambelt change isnt part of the service schedule ?

LIFELOVEORANGE
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I Know That, But When It Was Stamped The Last 2 Times Audi Manchester Have Said It Would Have Been Done Because The Milage Was Right And The 4 Years Was Up.
So Realistically I Bought The Car Thinking It Had Been Done.
Its Either 80000 Or 4 Years. It Has Now Been 6 So Ive Been Screwed Royal.
Thanks For The Thread. Im Determined To Get It Done Now By Audi. He Will Have To Foot The Bill.
My Solicitor Says He Will Have To Pay Me Back The Full Price Of The Car Plus The Bits Ive Also Done, Because Its Fraud.
But Hey

mluton
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Good luck with the claim, If you need anymore info just ask, were a friendly bunch.

SEMKY
09-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Would be very interested to know how you get on here LLO....as mluton says, its a very friendly place, and we all need to preserve decency!

Good Luck, and dont let it drop!:fing02:

Passat20v
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
There's some right bl**dy con artist's out there. Why isn't there a site where these people could be named and shamed!!!

Sorry to hear the bad news buddy.

Neerazan
10-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Mate, that really sucks. I hope you get it sorted.

sooty
12-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Have you thought about reporting it to eBay just incase other people have reported the same kind of stuff?
Also how did you pay?