PDA

View Full Version : Any idea's ?

overlord
06-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi all, Just joined and posted an intro, I have an RS4 in Misano 2000 MY with 89k on the clock, I've had the car 4 weeks and already I have some issues.

The clutch is definately slipping, Its on its way back to the garage i got it from now, However getting into first and second gear is really hard, almost like trying to do it with the clutch up, is this normal when the clutch is going and if not what else could it be, I crunched the box from 1st to second on a normal change yesterday, it just wouldnt go in, doing like 15mph in slow moving traffic, it eventually went in but that has made worse the stiff 1st and second gear, Infact now to get from 1st to neutral i have to go 1st 2nd then neutral. Its under warranty but i cant see AON warranties covering a clutch, what else could it be, any help appreciated as I am concerned of the what else bit.

Cheers

J

overlord
07-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reply Andy, I will let you know what the verdict is when the garage ring me, hopefully tomorrow :)

overlord
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying, The car is on its way back to me now :)

3 weeks and 2 days later it has had to have a gearbox rebuild, the issue with 1st gear was the syncromesh, exessively warn and so they replaced the lot, i got them to put a clutch in it while the box was out too, no labour to pay, just £240 for the clutch kit. Its also had under the garages warranty:

All seals replaced from front to back on the transmission and diffs.
Front wing resprayed as laquer was coming off.
A couple of engine gaskets too.

I dread to think what the bill would have been, but a big thanks to the garage in question is deserved i think. They have collected the car from Birmingham and drove it back to Sheffield to the garage (It was empty of fuel when they collected it :) ) They are also delivering it back to me today.

So, a huge thanks to http://www.swiftsperformance.co.uk/ Great service and Vanessa the receptionist is the most calm and reliable person i have ever dealt with.

I will give you a run down on how it is later this week, off to Lincoln this weekend so a good time to test its new found feet.

Cheers :)