PDA

View Full Version : New Passat

blackie
08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Afternoon all

Just joined the site, although don't seem to see much content on here - am I missing something or is this fairly new?

Anyway, took the new Passat for a test drive today and must say I'm very impressed. Think I might be putting an order in sometime this week.

Anyway, hopefully I'll post again with the good news!

stuart
09-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi, Thanks for joining the site:)

The site is about 18 months old now, and was started by myself as a source of information for the VW & Audi enthusiast. As the site has never really been promoted, only using links on a few other sites, and a flyer placed at work, it has been very slow in taking off, and although it has 300 plus members, only a few visit regular.

ALL sites start somewhere, and I would welcome any feedback to make it more appealing to people joining and visiting. All it needs is the members who have joined to participate, post on here.

Being in the motor trade, I do have access to information relaating to all aspects of VAG, and at the very least I will do my best to answer questions.

Thanks

Stuart

blackie
09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Fair do's Stuart.

As I'm looking to join the VW fold, it would be good to see more activity, but you're spot on - it takes people to participate to make the site work.

When you say you work in the trade, what is it you do??

From a feedback perspective, I did find it a little more difficult to find what I wanted than the BMW site that I normally frequent (www.bmwland.co.uk). I'll browse some more and let you have some more structured feedback.

Cheers

stuart
10-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I would welcome any comments on making the site better for members ;)

I do have a few things I am looking at, at the moment, such as a Gallery, and a chat room for starters.

Stuart

manic
06-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I seem to find that forums that try to cover a wide subject base, such as this one covering two marques and numerous different models, tend to be quieter than forums that are a little more specific. I think people tend to look for something that specifically suit their own situation more definitely.
Just my opinion mind, not trying to diss the forum in any way. In fact all credit to you for getting it off the ground. :)

stuart
06-11-2005, 03:59 PM
No offence taken:)

I always welcome any suggestions on how I can improve the site.

Stuart