PDA

View Full Version : Question Is GloveBox lock standard on A4 B8?

nm2003
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I picked up a A4 B8 1.8T last Friday, and noticed that there was no lock on the glovebox.

According to the manual, the lock is standard on A4 B8s.

Can someone please confirm if this is correct and if so, could they have removed the lock on MY09 models.

Nick

Audi Happy
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Nick,
I got my B8 S Line 10 days ago and mine does not have a glovebox lock. I dont think its standard.
What did you get ?? apart from the glovebox do you like it??

Plife
07-10-2008, 02:31 PM
It is not standard and only comes with the storage pack.

kodkod.84
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Audi spend so much money on MMI and electronic braking aids they forget to budget for a simple glovebox lock lol

Oh and does the glovebox open with a button like the A6?

mkc
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
another thing thats missing but we have on our A3 is the small plastic flap that comes down behind the rear view mirror. Handy for blocking out the sun between the sun visors........

nm2003
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the update regarding the glovebox 'Plife'. I am regretting not getting the storage pack. I thought that the storage pack was a waste of money as the storage compartments were too small under the seat. I didn't realise that the glove box lock was also part of that pack.

Does anyone know if you can retrofit the glove box lock?

I got a 1.8T multitronic (June 18 build), and optioned it up with the following:

- Comfort pack (bluetooth, 3 zone climate, electric front drivers seat)
- Sunroof
- Sports seats (leather)
- Sports suspension (20mm)
- Heated Seats
- Interior lighting pack
- 17" 6 spoke alloys
- Accoustic Front and Rear sensors
- Sports steering wheel (with paddle shifters)
- Window Tinting

My comments about the car so far are:

- I don't like the missing lock on the fuel gauge either, as well as the flap between the rear vision mirror and the roof (as stated by mkc).

- The multitronic, probably due to it trying to save fuel, while in D mode keeps the revs too low, the car feels a little sluggish, especially off the mark, but I have found that the paddle shifters on the steering wheel fix this problem. Just pull on the left one, and the car shifts down a gear instantaneously into manual model, and you get instant excelleration, as I am assuming the turbo kicks in, and is great for running the car.

And the manual mode reverts back to normal D mode if you stop playing with the manual shifters.

- I don't like the way the multitronic crawl forward when you take your foot of the brake pedal, as it feels jerky.

- The bluetooth mobile connection is useful, but is annoying as the phonebook does not recognise entries with only a company name (you only get a number appearing for some entries), so I have been told to copy the company name and also make it last name.

But got to go now, as have to get ready for work. Will post more later.

kodkod.84
07-10-2008, 09:50 PM
What is the missing lock on the fuel gauge? Don't quite understand

If you mean a lockable filler cap- it will lock when you lock the car as it part of the central locking- a bar goes through the flap so you can't open it.

The little sunvisor flap is one of the last things I discovered on my car- it's pretty useful indeed.

a4_jim
22-10-2008, 03:35 AM
I was thinking what the little sunvisor flap was on my A4. In the end I've removed it as my radar detector lives there now. :D

J

What is the missing lock on the fuel gauge? Don't quite understand

If you mean a lockable filler cap- it will lock when you lock the car as it part of the central locking- a bar goes through the flap so you can't open it.

The little sunvisor flap is one of the last things I discovered on my car- it's pretty useful indeed.

mkc
22-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Which model a4 do you have? I dont have it on a B8

awtaylor
22-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I was thinking what the little sunvisor flap was on my A4. In the end I've removed it as my radar detector lives there now. :D

J

It was 3 years before I discovered the flap on my 2000 Passat 1.8T:biglaugh:

nm2003
22-10-2008, 09:59 AM
It was 3 years before I discovered the flap on my 2000 Passat 1.8T:biglaugh:

I also have a 2003 Passat V6 SE, and I have come to the conclusion that the passat has a lot of features as standard that are all optional extras on the my A4 B8 1.8T Eg. The Sunvisor flap, the lockable glovebox, interior lighting pack, sunroof, leather seats, 17" alloys etc.