PDA

View Full Version : scirocco iPod adapter

wullie636
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
in the brochure its says that the car comes with both USB and iPod cables. The dealer where I ordered mine is wanting to charge me 25 quid for the cable. I haven't queried this yet. Can anyone who has the car already let me know if it comes as standard or is it a misprint as usual

Cheers

On the way salsa red leather dynaudio dab mats

HantsMan
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
in the brochure its says that the car comes with both USB and iPod cables. The dealer where I ordered mine is wanting to charge me 25 quid for the cable. I haven't queried this yet. Can anyone who has the car already let me know if it comes as standard or is it a misprint as usual

Cheers

On the way salsa red leather dynaudio dab mats

Yes is is free as the price list shows you should point that out to them. You do need to remind the dealer about the cable as mine didn't know about it until I asked. Looks like VW haven't got the message to dealers yet

wullie636
07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
cheers I will speak with the dealer. Did your car come with it all ready installed or did you get it from the parts

HantsMan
07-10-2008, 10:10 PM
cheers I will speak with the dealer. Did your car come with it all ready installed or did you get it from the parts
No it did come with it. In theory VW are meant to send the dealer a cable with each car ordered.

I only got it after querying them about it after a discussion on another forum mentioned it. The cable was available a few day after delivery.

As I said previously, looks like VW hasn't made this clear to the dealers

wullie636
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Cheers you have been a great help I will speak to the dealer tomorrow. Clad you are enjoying the car can't wait for mine to arrive

HantsMan
07-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Cheers you have been a great help I will speak to the dealer tomorrow. Clad you are enjoying the car can't wait for mine to arrive
Thats ok. Good luck. If they still say it's £25 get them to check with VW. I know on another forum after they checked they got the cable or Contact Customer Services

wullie636
08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Contacted the dealer today about the iPod cable and got no where I had to Argue about it and all I got was that vw have the right to change specification at anytime even though I explained that this would not be one of the things they would change I was told that if the car comes with it fitted then fine if not I would have to pay 25 quid. As you can imagine I was less than happy with the dealer's attitude and I haven't even got the car yet. Doesn't bear well for customer relation I can't believe all the fuss over a cable

HantsMan
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Contacted the dealer today about the iPod cable and got no where I had to Argue about it and all I got was that vw have the right to change specification at anytime even though I explained that this would not be one of the things they would change I was told that if the car comes with it fitted then fine if not I would have to pay 25 quid. As you can imagine I was less than happy with the dealer's attitude and I haven't even got the car yet. Doesn't bear well for customer relation I can't believe all the fuss over a cable
I would contact VW Customer Services and check with them. Then complain about the dealer

wullie636
08-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Cheers that was next step as you can imagine after spending the best part of 23 grand I am getting p***ed about for a cable that is standard

HantsMan
08-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Just been checking on another forum and they have just come back with this. After I told them about your problem.

If anyone is having a problem with their dealer tell the dealer it was all clarified in a bulletin from Volkswagen to dealers only, using the ‘Desktop’ communication suite on Aug 14th; ref. no. 0510-08. It is free and should be supplied with the car.

wullie636
08-10-2008, 11:14 PM
cheers mate you have been a great help saw your car on another post looks superb did you get the metal pedals as a factory fitted option or dealer. If it was your dealer I better not ask they will probably deny all knowledge that they exsist

HantsMan
08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
cheers mate you have been a great help saw your car on another post looks superb did you get the metal pedals as a factory fitted option or dealer. If it was your dealer I better not ask they will probably deny all knowledge that they exsist
That’s ok, Good luck love to know what they say when you quote the bulletin at them!!

Unfortunately for you dealer fitted them before delivery so covered by warranty. They are standard VW part used on about 3 other models according to the box I have. European cars do have them!

They have just updated the Wiki http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=IPod_Connection with the info.

wullie636
09-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Contacted the dealer today and quoted the ref no to them and again they denied all knowledge until I told them to check and to there amazement they found it. The salesman felt a right p***ock and went very red in the face. The upshot is that I will get the adaptor free when the car arrives. Once again thanks for the info

HantsMan
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Contacted the dealer today and quoted the ref no to them and again they denied all knowledge until I told them to check and to there amazement they found it. The salesman felt a right p***ock and went very red in the face. The upshot is that I will get the adaptor free when the car arrives. Once again thanks for the info

Glad it work and the dealer felt suitably embarrassed. I'll inform the guys on the other forum the good news!!

(I see you’ve joined the other side ;))

wullie636
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
yeah I didn't even know about it until you sent me the link cheers

ArturBorucNo1CSC
10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I was just wondering how much control over the iPod you have with the connection and new touch screen stereo? Can you view track and artist names on the stereo?

HantsMan
10-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I was just wondering how much control over the iPod you have with the connection and new touch screen stereo? Can you view track and artist names on the stereo?

Link I gave above http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roc...Pod_Connection (http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=IPod_Connection) with the info.

ArturBorucNo1CSC
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry, hadn't clicked that link :o

Sounds like a good step forward from my Golf, as you have hardly any control over the iPod at all with the arm rest connection in that.