PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk5 rear bumper

Paul_mkV_golf
06-02-2007, 11:19 AM
VW were obviously after some aftermarket sales when they decided to finish off the mk5 golf rear bumper with a lump of black plastic. Rest of the car looks great but I've never been keen on the rear bumper- perhaps I should have bought a black one rather than silver so it didn't stand out as much!

Priced up a body coloured replacement with vw & looking at approx £300- seems a bit steep (fair enough, it did have a couple of sportier bits on it), has anyone out there changed their's over- any sites anyone can recommend for decent body parts?

cheers
Paul

Aaron Mac
08-02-2007, 10:00 PM
i got my golf fully colour coded for £200! i stay in glasgow and found a place called touch ups,car looks loads beta fully colour coded,the rear bumper looks really good,also got the plastics done along the side of the car,bits under the headlites and the plastic bit at the bottom of the front bumper,the cars blue and is a perfect colour match,vw are very exspensive,my advice try find a local business like i did that dnt rip you off!

Paul_mkV_golf
09-02-2007, 06:59 PM
cheers for that :beerchug: . Might trying ringing around a bit 1st and see if it's possible to get the existing plastic bumper sprayed.

Teutonic_Tamer
10-02-2007, 12:19 AM
I had the GTI fully colour coded for £330 all in. OK, they did a ***** job on the side sills, but the front and rear bumpers are fine!

Rgds