PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Judder power loss

browniemxn
05-10-2008, 10:19 PM
About a week ago on my way back from the airport on the Autobahn my car started to judder when I applied the gas peddle. Then my car started to slow because of loss of power. The car at this point was traveling about 130km as I slowed and pulled to the side of the Autobahn my car idled fine. However, as I put it into gear the car would jutter again when I apply the peddle. I stopped the car then I was towed home by ADAC. Later when I started my car it sudders badly even at idle. The motor sounds like its misfiring and all my check engine lights are lit up after a battery disconnect. I changed the fuel filter which was very dirty. I also changed the glow plugs and disconnected every possible sensor with no luck in any change. The engine still idles very shuddery I am about to crack open the engine but wanted some insight first. Any Ideas about what may be wrong. I don't think its the flywheel the clutch feels fine and when applied or not there is no change this of course in neutral. Thanks in advance.

jimbotech
13-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I have had many cases of oil contaminating the fuel which gives a misfire at higher revs/loss of power. I would suggest removing the lift pump (in the fuel tank) and checking for signs of oil.