PDA

View Full Version : just bought a '98 polo 1.4 cl got 2 problems

liveforever1982
05-10-2008, 06:08 PM
hi, guys just bought myself a vw polo 1.4 cl mk 4 with 85 k on the clock, my girlfriend had a 2001 polo and compared to hers my gears are really really stiff,although they select ok. also this morning set off to to town and oil light came on and buzzer sounded, then dials all went as though engine was off. stopped car at garage bought some oil and put some in.started up again but oil light still flashing and buzzer going tho dials are ok now.could u please help,before i have to take it in to the garage for costly repairs.thank you gareth

e6m6a6
06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey

I had the same problem in my Polo, what it turned out to be was not that there was lack of oil (untill a couple of miles later) just the fact of oil pressure, see, some numpy had way over-filled it before hand and basically shafted all my oil seals and gaskets and slowly it lost pressure and then lost oil.

Are you losing any oil? the best way that i found to conclude this was to get hold of some old carpet and leave it under the engine bay (make sure it is of decent size) and basically cheak for any lose the next morning. Saves you getting oil on the drive way and to relise that you are actualy losing oil, while driving then having to call the AA.

I know this is rather irrevelvant but that buzzing dont half get annoying!!

liveforever1982
06-10-2008, 08:14 PM
hello thank-you for the quick reply,took my polo into a independant garage today that work mainly on vw's,he thinks it just a switch/sensor that needs replacing.so hopefully that should do that trick,he has also looked at the stiff gears and found a seized bolt,so hopefully it should all get better from now! just need to sort rusting arches now! lovely car to drive i am impressed so far,ever with the problems mentions.