PDA

View Full Version : Indicator bulbs - 2002 A4

desc
05-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Arrrrrrrrraggggggghhhhhhhh!! Can someone please point me in the right direction? My passenger incidator bulb has blown and I'm having a little difficulty changing it. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm loathed to pay £50 to get my local dealer to change it :mad:

Cheers

Woorlord
05-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Front??

Remove the front headlight - simple 4x Torx screws - 2 on top easily seen totally remove and two behind deeper down just loosen - headlight pulls out - you will then see the indicator bulb access port - twist off and replace with an orange 21W bulb (offset bayonet type pins) - then put back in reverse.

Rear??

Little grey circular panel in boot area - hingle ope access panel to reveal a screw/bolt. Totally remove the screw and the Lens should come away - note that the outer side of the lens clips in with two friction fit pins - so gently ease/hinge from inside direction nearest the side where screw was removed. With the lens off, just unclip the bulb assembly part and replace the bulb - indicator is orange with offest bayonet pins 21W. Put back in reverse.

That's it - saved yourself £50!!

RickT
05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Arrrrrrrrraggggggghhhhhhhh!! Can someone please point me in the right direction? My passenger incidator bulb has blown and I'm having a little difficulty changing it. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm loathed to pay £50 to get my local dealer to change it :mad:

Cheers

Look at the sticky thread in the B6 section...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7485

Rick