PDA

View Full Version : climatronics

mikesgti
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
hi can any 1 point me in the right dircetion ive got golf mk4 gti
went 2 it this cold morning started it no probs put the heaters on and number 5 fuse keep poping:1zhelp: pls

mikesgti
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
as my last thread didnt get responsed 2 i had 2 take it 2 auto electricain 2day thy found the problem, it was the switch going 2 power steering so thy say, and thy disconected it wiv a nice bill but ive noticed now when i start the car the climatroincs flash now 16 times sayin diagnose then comes on fine after that im still not happy with it flashing tho so got the car home and ad alook myself i noticed they tired the wires going to power steering switch surely that couldnt of bn the problem could it so i reconected it bk up and it hasnt blown any fuses im very confused :zx11: any ideas to why my climatronic flashing when it was fine b4

paul b
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Do you have access to VAG-COM? Because there are flashing warning lights there will be a fault code stored. It is best to get a code read before throwing money at it. I bought VAG-COM myself and it has been a good investment.

You can run the shareware VAG-COM for less than £15. The forum member Eshrules-Enterprises is a good guy and can sort you out a deal for a good quality interface. E-bay is hopeless.

Paul

mikesgti
06-10-2008, 06:35 PM
thanks paul will give that a go 2mora :D