PDA

View Full Version : Retro fitting Auto Boot Release

mkhan2
04-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I have B7 2.0 tdi 170bhp sline saloon. I'm aware when purchasing the vehicle NEW you can add auto boot release via the remote control, as an optional extra.

Has anyone ever retro fitted such a device, if so could anyone please tell me what the part number is, I would be most gratefull.

The dealers are being tricky about it, some say you cant some say you can!!!

Issac Hunt
04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
You can do it, You will need 2 new boot hinges (and they will need painting to match your car), 2 springs, one for each each hinge. As well as 2 new gas struts, 1 for each side. There are no electircs involved unlike the system on the A6 and A8 which is far superior.

Then your bootlid will lift automatically when the remote button is pressed. There is no way to lower the boot automatically. I researched this for mine but binned the idea as costs mounted! I reckon about £120 for parts plus painting costs plus labout to fit them if you arent capable of removing the boot hinges.

They are also very troublesome, I have seen numerous failures of the springs - they tend to weaken wth use and will eventually fail to lift the bootlid up.

auroan
20-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Do you have the part numbers for the items ?

Issac Hunt
20-10-2008, 04:56 PM
No but your Audi dealer will have, or vagparts can get them for you I imagine.