PDA

View Full Version : New Member With a Few Probs

SoulTaxi
05-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Hiya,
I've had an 96 A4 Avant for a couple of years and one problem has never been totally ironed out.. Even when I'm on a long run the heater only blows through luke warm (i've got climate control btw) The car itself runs great but the operating temp when moving, even at motorway speeds shows no more than 60 c, when in traffic this rises to no more than 80 c. I've noticed the heat comes through a little better when the temp is higher but still not what you'd call hot. Could it be the heater matrix or a thermostat?? Help i'm freezin'!! :confused: :confused:

SoulTaxi
05-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Cheers Andy I'll get down my dealer asap! Is the stat something I could fit easily myself or is it best to have it fitted by a mechanic? And if you could give me a clue as to where the stat is located that'd be great.. Cheers..John

SoulTaxi
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the advice Andy. I'll grab a Haynes manual just to be on the safe side and av a go! Cheers.. John

SoulTaxi
06-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Will let you know mate.. Cheers.. Gotta go and play some music at the studio now!! Will be in touch! John

SoulTaxi
09-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I've located the stat, a small blue plug shaped thing round the back of the engine block in front of the battery. Think I've found an explanation on how to fit it on audiworld.com.. pics & everythin'! Gonna hav a go as soon as I get chance..!

Pete K
26-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Did this fix it?

SoulTaxi
29-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah Pete, stat was faulty.. It's all replaced and working fine.. First time I haven't had to freeze on the way to work!! Cheers for askin'!
:firedevil