PDA

View Full Version : Please Help remote/central locking problem

Shug
03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
In the latest attempt by my car to make me torch it, the whole remote locking/central locking stuff appears up the swanny.
Remote no longer works (changed the batteries, still nothing). Unlocking drivers door manually only unlocks that door (I'm assuming it should unlock all like my old vectra did)
Boot now opens manually, but if keys aren't in ignition, the alarm has a tendancy to go off.
While in the car, pushing the lock/unlock button does nothing, but I can hear motors whirring away. One in boot near sub, and one somewhere near glovebox.
Its a 2001 1.8T quattro sport 5 door if it makes a difference. I'm hoping someone can help cos this car has been having problems since just after I bought it. I'm almost wishing I'd just bought another vectra..... :1zhelp:

loki
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
In the latest attempt by my car to make me torch it, the whole remote locking/central locking stuff appears up the swanny.
Remote no longer works (changed the batteries, still nothing). Unlocking drivers door manually only unlocks that door (I'm assuming it should unlock all like my old vectra did)
Boot now opens manually, but if keys aren't in ignition, the alarm has a tendancy to go off.
While in the car, pushing the lock/unlock button does nothing, but I can hear motors whirring away. One in boot near sub, and one somewhere near glovebox.
Its a 2001 1.8T quattro sport 5 door if it makes a difference. I'm hoping someone can help cos this car has been having problems since just after I bought it. I'm almost wishing I'd just bought another vectra..... :1zhelp:

Wash your mouth out with soap - another vectra, honestly!

By what you have said, it points to a lack of pressure and/ or a disconnected pipe. The most likely cause is a shatered disc inside the pump - quite a common thing.

Solution is to replace pump or get a cheap Audi pump and take the motor out of it. The central locking pump is to the rear of the sub in the boot.