PDA

View Full Version : ECON light keeps turning off??

RickT
02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi guys,

The ECON light on my sisters mk5 keeps turning off... (fitted without dual controls)

When the ECON button is pressed to turn off the aircon, the led lights up to say its off.... however.. after a few minutes it will turn the light off and turn the aircon back on??

I have seen this before in the reserve order on other VAG cars.. but not where it turns the aircon on??

Could be a faulty switch?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rick

Ben
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
not a clue rick, maybe its stuffed.

however, the connections at the rear are easy enough to get to. I had indayards out when we installed his multimedia adapter, the looms clip in firmly, but i suppose a dry connection isn't out the question, failing that, the switch/button you press is the only moving part that takes any punishment. i can have the centre dash out inside 10 mins now.

RickT
03-10-2008, 12:21 AM
not a clue rick, maybe its stuffed.

however, the connections at the rear are easy enough to get to. I had indayards out when we installed his multimedia adapter, the looms clip in firmly, but i suppose a dry connection isn't out the question, failing that, the switch/button you press is the only moving part that takes any punishment. i can have the centre dash out inside 10 mins now.

It could be a swtich issue...

I will take a look at it this weekend for her.. if we need to take it apart... i will give you a call mate!

Cheers

Rick

radox
06-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Are you using any of the heating controls when this happens? Some combinations - such as switching the air distribution to the windscreen cause ECON mode to be switched off (I believe). This is to help reduce the chances of your windscreen misting up. You can switch it back on afterwards mind.

Hope that helps,
Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

RickT
06-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I dont think she was.... i tried it on my Golf and it does not do it...

My sister said its not instant.. it will turn the econ off after a few minutes...

Im going to take a look at the weekend for her,

Cheers

Rick