PDA

View Full Version : New Scirocco models details inc. diesel

iambu
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi all

Check out: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/scirocco/which-model/specifications/compare

Matt

law4778
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi all

Check out: http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/scirocco/which-model/specifications/compare

Matt

so glad i have canceled my order this week i think i had a lucky escape, i was due to finalise my spec this week, if i had ordered it and seen this i would have been well peed off i think the standard car with the different alloys and no fog lights cheapens the car, but at same time doesnt differentiate that much from the gt model i think the gt should look more special they should leave the black bump strips off on the gt so when you look at it you know people can see you ve got the better spec, to be honest when i ordered it the side strips was one of my pet hates dont think they look right on the car, even though some of you already with one will pretend it doesnt bother i bet deep down it does.

ondines_curse
02-10-2008, 10:11 PM
law you are so right, any car with sh*t wheels and trim looks worse, only thing that separates an a4 s-line from normal spec are those chavvy DLRs and 18s.

Whats the point in complaining that a car comes in different spec levels? Horses for courses mate.

wigit
02-10-2008, 11:51 PM
harsh but fair, audi do s-line everthing (quote my secretary) and in fairness have never had the driving prowess to match the looks, a4 sline does look a tidy motor though compared to the rest of the range (at the expense of ride comfort) and that engine will be a peach, however, will never handle like vw, in the sciroccos favour there will be less on the road given tdi a4's seem the company car of choice

law4778
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
law you are so right, any car with sh*t wheels and trim looks worse, only thing that separates an a4 s-line from normal spec are those chavvy DLRs and 18s.

Whats the point in complaining that a car comes in different spec levels? Horses for courses mate.

you ve obviously not even looked into the s line theres a bit more to them than the bigger alloys and xenons, im not saying for one minuite that they are an rs4 or m3 but they are a whole step above the spec under it in terms of driving not just a pretty body kit, are you actually saying the r8 is chavvy cause that has the same light set up, you sound like someone who is a bit bitter, what do you drive if you dont mind me asking.

law4778
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
harsh but fair, audi do s-line everthing (quote my secretary) and in fairness have never had the driving prowess to match the looks, a4 sline does look a tidy motor though compared to the rest of the range (at the expense of ride comfort) and that engine will be a peach, however, will never handle like vw, in the sciroccos favour there will be less on the road given tdi a4's seem the company car of choice

just another reply, in 12 months time the scirocco will be a very common site on the roads given the cheaper spec and diesel engine that are becoming available especially for the company car drivers you mention. also why will it never handel like a vw these cars are from the same group and use the same components your saying it like vw is a seperate entity to audi.

ondines_curse
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I like the new A4 S-line just not the DRLs. Makes the front look like an essex council estate on christmas eve.

However this was not my point. All cars have a range of specs to fit to the various budgets and needs of their customers. I dont agree that a lower spec version cheapens a range in any way.

wigit
03-10-2008, 11:35 PM
law4778 apologies but comments were jest pointing out the irony of dismissing an scirocco for being commonn, whsilt going for a more mass produced but excellant choice) that appears on our roads, common is a relative term, compared to more mainstream vag products, who cares its different and a great looking car and seems to have caught peoples interest as the mk1 did, i am glad there is a model range as have told dealer i want to be able to order a r-version as soon as available, i do have a beef with diesels (as i do with tt), having owned one i never once wound down the window to hear the engine rev and became obsessed about talking about mpg and how far can you go on a tank

i have first had experience on the dna sline issue as i own a 200ps sline a3, its no gti, the sline supsension is poorly damped and mixed with 18'' wheels gives a crahy ride, linked to the lack of feel through the steering means you never feel truly confident when pressing on, ironically my 140tdi sport handled better, the s3 does get near the fun factor of a gti but is getting of 40% more in terms of cost, you will be amazed at the difference, that said love the sline look

an a4 avant would be on my list for a more practical car and an a5, however, they are not meant to offer hot hatch style thrills and appeal to a different market, an rs4 and r8 would be in my garage given half a chance, having driven a r8 on the track believe the hype