PDA

View Full Version : towbar on quattro, good or bad?

mark shutt
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
hi all, just seen a mint 05 reg 2.0T quattro for sale with 45k on clock, i really like this motor but have been warned that towbars are not clever on a quattro? should i be worried? the car is at a main audi dealer with warranty etc.. it looks like a proper audi towbar with removable towball so why would they fit it to a car they don't recomend?

thanks mark.

kodkod.84
02-10-2008, 09:35 PM
If anything I would have thought having Quattro would be beneficial on towing as you are pulling weight more uniformly across the car axles (fair enough it's no Land Rover Discovery but still a 4x4 system)

adamss24
02-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Quattro is great for towing and if the clutch feels ok i would go for it. At the end of the day , that car has only towed every once in a while. I think you heard a rumour about the Rs models, altough being quattro's in all respects, dealer wont fit a towbar on these models because it will stretch the chassis and such, will upset the delicate ballance of the car !

mark shutt
03-10-2008, 07:20 AM
it was a very good friend of mine that has a b6 s4 tipper, i thought it was a bit odd and i'm trying to convince myself it's gonna be ok, with it being a main dealer car it's more likely to be ok..