PDA

View Full Version : Question Golf no start problem

Bald_Rick
02-10-2008, 07:28 PM
2005 GT TDi Golf done 76000 miles, the glow plug coil light fails to come on and all the gear position indicators flash at once, the car then won’t start. Keep trying and eventually the coil light will come on and starts first time.
Any ideas, I have bought a new glow plug relay to try that and now I find it doesn’t tell you where the relays are in the manual

Kevster140
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
2005 GT TDi Golf done 76000 miles, the glow plug coil light fails to come on and all the gear position indicators flash at once, the car then won’t start. Keep trying and eventually the coil light will come on and starts first time.
Any ideas, I have bought a new glow plug relay to try that and now I find it doesn’t tell you where the relays are in the manual

There is the fuse box in the dash, or the one in the engine bay which may have relays in (behind the air filter box)

STEWY L
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
it sounds like a bad earth to me?
no help at all really.

rayg
17-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Golf MK5 2005. I also have an intermittent start problem,seems that the glow plug indicator doesnt light - I need to switch ignition on 4 to 5 times before it will light,and then it fires immediately.
Could this be a faulty glow plug relay,or........

Rayg

peter cresswell
18-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Sounds like glow plug failure to me you can test these by bypassing each in turn. Being new to PD engines I may be talking guff.

Try Diesel Car Mags Dr Diesel.

Best of luck

Peter