PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco or A5?

Wicksy
02-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi guys

My first post and I have a dilemma

Changing car in March - what do I go for

Audi A5 2.0 Sport with xenons and 19in. alloys over 48 month at payments of 478 per month (2500 deposit)

or

Scirocco with leather, panoramic roof, cruise and dsg box over 36 months at 399 per month (2200 deposit)

Hope you lot can help me make up my mind:confused:

MalcQV
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Well if it was me, no contest the A5.

sootyscottie
02-10-2008, 02:35 PM
yep defiantelyno contest..... The A5 wins hands down. They are just so sexy......:)

euroslap
02-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Can you see the trend developing? Guess what? Me too, A5!;)

wigit
02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
a5 have been a real grower, love them and now they have but the new tfsi engine in it is a viable option, never driven one but no doubt more cruiser than sportster but lovely motor especially the interior

ryancooke
02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
drove quite alot of the a5 range in work, the tfsi seemed a little "flat" compaired to the rest in the range and scirocco, but they are both amazing cars, if you want something a bit more luxury looking go for the a5, but if its a sporty look go for the scirocco, both of them have pretty much the same room inside, the scirocco boot is "deeper" but the a5 one is a bit "longer", proberly to help with the golf clubs :biglaugh:

at the end of the day its up to you what you want, if it was me i would go for the scirocco, unless it was a 3.0tdi a5, then it would win hands down

law4778
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
A5 defo just canceled my order for the scirocco for a new A4 and have driven the gaffers A5 at work very nice motor.

JohnyIre
10-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Has to be the A5, no contest.

macmillions
27-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I took a Scirocco for a test drive the other day and was blown away by the whole car. Fantastic, gorgeous looking, fast, economical and spacious. I'm saving my pennies for one now!

gossa
27-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi people, first post so be kind!

I really wanted an A5 but last week I came home with a Scirocco. Several reasons really, they are different cars, the A5 is obvious a bit more prestigious and executive but it's also not as sharp or sporty, I drove both plus TT's etc and decided that the sharper more compact car suited me better.

The Scirocco also has more usable room for me, huge boot in the A5 that I would never use so why have the heavier bigger car?

But to the crunch, the A5 I would have ordered would have been 2.0T Sline with toys and that would have pushed well over £30K and not come until next spring. I started looking at Sciroccos and found that a lot f demos have just come on the market.

I just bought a black DSG with panaramic roof, leather and winter pack for £21K with 800 miles on the clock. List price over £25K. I was still undecided on the way to collect it but after having it for almost a week the car has thoroughly exceeded my expectations and I'm very impressed with it.

Horses for courses and all that but the 'roc ticks every box for me now, not quite as 'executive' as an oncoming A5 with DRL's but at over £10K saving I can live with that and I don't feel like i've compromised at all. The adaptive dampers are excellent and the DSG is awesome.

Anyone looking at both should take a drive and decide.

wigit
29-11-2008, 01:10 PM
fair comment gossa, pound for pound its great value, passed an a5 yesterday with the missus and agreed not a sporty car but a great car, too young to won one of them

gossa
29-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Well at 39 I wondered if I was too old for a Scirocco!

Both great cars, both different cars.....and both a better option than a TT unless you just want two seats!

wigit
30-11-2008, 08:02 PM
gossa interesting the tt an a5 come out similar in price when you start piling on the extras, in reality i'd have gone for the s3 if i stayed with audi

gossa
01-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Funny I have totally gone off TT's now, so many of them about they are no longer 'special'. I specced up a TT similarly to the 'Roc and it was about £6K more, go figure?

I do still love the A5 but I doubt i'd have as much fun as i'm having in the 'roc unless I spent silly money.......

wigit
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
there is also the c#ck issue to deal with these days, which is strangley true

Neerazan
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I've just changed my order from the A5 in my sig below to an S5. Definitely the A5 wins out over the Scirocco in my opinion.

wigit
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I've just changed my order from the A5 in my sig below to an S5. Definitely the A5 wins out over the Scirocco in my opinion.

s5 is a nice motor but your comparing a £40K+ motor with a £20K motor here so in reality its not a true comparison in any area bar head turning, i stick with my commons man's exotic to quote tg magazine

mister.c.
03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Both great value cars.

If you are happy spending the extra, the A5 wins.