PDA

View Full Version : clutch operation sticky when taking up bite

passat cruiser
01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I have a Seat cordoba 1.6 aft 100 bhp 1996 100k on engine with a annoying clutch fault.
the clutch was slipping on the car so I removed the gearbox and replaced the clutch friction plate and pressure plate also put a small amount of copper slip on input shaft splines so it would not stick.
flywheel had no deep grooves in it but was very slightly blue'd so put everything back together as time was short.
Installed a new Seat self adjustable clutch cable as well, Driving the car the clutch had a very strong bite in it but put this down to being new and needing time to bed in.
new clutch grips though all the gears and would stall engine with handbrake on etc
when taking up the biting point to pull away the clutch operation is sticky and makes the car easy to stall as you cant get a progressive feel to the clutch operation, fine when car is moving up the other gears etc.
I took off at a junction and the car jerked that bad that the air ducting to the inlet manifold came off and car stalled out???? do you think the engine mountings are worn and new clutch is showing that they are worn out??? :zx11:
or new cable is no good any idea's welcome