PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Heater/Ventilation control panel

nixona3
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi,

It would appear the bulb which lights up the heater/ventilation control knobs in my 2001 A3 has blown - my Haynes manual tells me I need to replace the entire control panel as it's an LED (surely this cannot be the case?!) because cars built up to and including 2000 contain a bulb.

VAG Parts inform me that a bulb is coming up on their system according to the chassis number on my car.

Can anyone help? Has anyone experienced the same problem?

As always your help is much appreciated!

euroslap
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
You'll have two take you're central column apart but you can replace the bulb. If you think you're up to it, I'll try and dig out the name of the place where I got my replacement bulbs from. It's about a quarter of the price of the dealership for oe. dash bulbs. ;)

Costed me about £7 delivered to completely renew all the dash lights in my mk3.

nixona3
02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for that!

But mine is a Mk2, not a Mk3 - is there much of a difference in price?

I would be grateful if you could find the name of the place you got it from, much appreciated!

euroslap
02-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Hiya mate, they've got them all, just remove the clocks and check them at the back before you order. I ordered mine over the net and paid online, they took 2 days days to get to me absolutely bang on and cheap as chips, here's the link:-

www.AutoBulbsDirect.co.uk ;)

Go into the standard bulbs menu on the left and then 12v dash bulbs.

nixona3
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks!

Are you SURE that I can replace the LED located in the control panel?

Are you aware of any instructions for replacing it - I will do it myself I just need to know how!

I owe you a pint!

euroslap
02-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Are you sure it's an LED and not a tiny bulb like the Golf? It's a tiny LED sized bulb in mine, have you taken the dash apart and got to it yet? :confused: