PDA

View Full Version : Auto Headlights or not

Audi Happy
01-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Help, I cant figure out how to use the auto headlight dipping. In the MMI there are the option settings of early, medium or late. i have the lights set to auto then when i put main beam on they dont dip for oncoming traffic and the small 'A' symbol is not showing by the main beam indicator on the dash. Do i have auto dipping or not ?? if not why are the settings for it in the MMI

Plife
01-10-2008, 08:49 PM
The auto setting is for when the lights come on. Don't believe it can work out when another car is coming and take the headlights off of main beam!

neilb
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
No such thing as auto headlight dipping.

B6Andy101
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Main Beam Assist.

Page 57 of the little book Mr. Audi kindly leaves in your glovebox :D

B6Andy101
03-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Main Beam Assist.

Page 57 of the little book Mr. Audi kindly leaves in your glovebox :D

Tried this and it looks like it is not installed on my car anyway.
Don't believe everything you read eh? :Blush2:

RichardCranium
04-10-2008, 02:00 PM
i dont have the beam assist thingy but i have the lights permanently switched to Auto on the mid setting.

What about day runners?? On or off? I've seen a few A4's and 5's of late with DRL's turned off. Doesnt look half as good IMO

mkc
04-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Ive also seen a number of people with them switched off. Ive had mine off the last few days. It has been sunny and at this time of year with the sun low on the horizon I can see how they get on peoples nerves. I had a new TT (TTS?) with DRL on following me a few days ago. The bumpy road meant the auto dimming mirror in my car kept gettig confused and they did annoy me as I was already struggling driving into the sun...... they certainly make the car stand out more, the amount of teenages Ive had point and then slow down to get a better looks as they over take in their Corsa still amazes me. Just felt that I needed them off the last few days. Once the clocks change they will be on full time!

Novelty of the car is wearing off a bit. I had a bag of old leaking paint tins in the boot this morning and 4 plastic patio chairs on the back seat scuffing up the leather and fabric. Got a few marks on the door now after they slid around the roundabouts!

Audi Happy
05-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Mkc,
Should have taken the wifes car, get hers dirty not yours, then blame the kids for messing it up, i've got away with it a couple of times.