PDA

View Full Version : Radio Reception 2001 A4 2.0 SE

dodger2402
05-02-2007, 03:12 PM
My A4 radio suddenly decide to lose all reception. I have tried all the manual options to reset, and even different locations without success.

Could it be the amplifier in the rear headlining?

Any other ideas?

Added to that, my toddler decided to push some coins into the CD slot. Are these hard to remove/take apart?

Thanks in advance to all who may help...

gary_m
05-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Any other ideas?

Adoption? ;)

I wonder if it could be something as simple as the aerial lead coming out of the back of the radio? This would be first place that I would look as I would have thought that even if the amplifier had blown, there would still be enough of an aerial cable to get at least a little signal in some areas.

Did your toddler put the coins into the cd slot before or after you had the radio problems? One of the coins may have shorted out something.

I have never taken apart an audi radio, but most are pretty simple to get into - usually there are noticable screws around the casing that will let you get into the 'guts' of the radio/cd and remove the offending coins.

Oh, don't want to sound patronising, but make sure that you have your radio code (if it is a coded radio) before disconnecting its power leads.

Good luck :)

dodger2402
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for that Gary. Adoption is a real option sometimes...

Coins only went in this weekend so that hasn't affected the reception. I have had a lot of work on numerous sensors and a leaking inlet manifold (another story if anyone wants to know), so that may have disturbed something along the way.

Good point about the code, thanks. Is the unit hard to remove from the fascia? It's the standard front loading CD with Radio...

Eclipse car Audio
05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi, it is most probably the aerial amp, remove your radio and unplug the aerial then insert a test light with the pointed end into the aerial socket on the radio and hold the croc clip end in the air now try and tune your radio (you need three hands) if you now pick up more stations then you'll probably find its the amp, unfortunately these are not cheap (£120 from Audi)

Hope this helps

Cheers

dodger2402
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for that. Will do.

Is it hard to remove the radio from the facia and do I need a special tool?

Eclipse car Audio
06-02-2007, 06:18 PM
No it is dead easy but you do need special keys that insert into the bottom of the radio (one either side) and the radio should just pull out your Audi dealer should have a set of keys or you might be able to get them in Halfords.

Cheers