PDA

View Full Version : Question Buying advice A4 Estate

Mike11
30-09-2008, 04:00 PM
As the title says really. A mate of mine is looking at an 04 plate A4 Estate. Is there anything specific he should put his eye too and check, common fault etc?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

weeleigh
30-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I would check the service history, check how long until next service, and depending on mileage, make sure the cam belt has been changed. Should be done every 60k miles, and its an expensive job.

Things to look for are the boot opens ok- the actuator can play up, and check the rear washer- the pipe can sometimes fall off the connector.

I would also check everything works, electrics, aircon, cruise control if fitted.

Diesel engines are very economical. Excellent cars all round.

Leigh.

2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI SE

Mike11
01-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I would check the service history, check how long until next service, and depending on mileage, make sure the cam belt has been changed. Should be done every 60k miles, and its an expensive job.

Things to look for are the boot opens ok- the actuator can play up, and check the rear washer- the pipe can sometimes fall off the connector.

I would also check everything works, electrics, aircon, cruise control if fitted.

Diesel engines are very economical. Excellent cars all round.

Leigh.

2003 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 TDI SE

Cheers for that. iirc it has FDSH and the belt has been changed so all looking good then, nice one. i will let him know.