PDA

View Full Version : Question 2000 A8 Start Up Problems

adambones
30-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I have a2000 A8 with 135,000 miles. Recently at startup first thing in the morning or when the vehicle sits for an extended period, the car will start, turn over and immediately shut out. It revs at approximately 4ooo RPM then immediately shuts off. I have to continue to do this 4 to 6 times until it stays running. Sometimes I am forced to flutter the gas peddle in order to insure it will stay running. Other than that, it runs fine once it is started.

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on what may be causing this situation.

shibernieks
03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
did you try to check faults?! seems like the imobilaizer doesnt work properly. but allso it could be something else. without diagnostics nobody could tell you 100% where is the problem

Gerbil
05-10-2008, 10:02 AM
[quote=adambones;246785]I have a2000 A8 with 135,000 miles. Recently at startup first thing in the morning or when the vehicle sits for an extended period, the car will start, turn over and immediately shut out. It revs at approximately 4ooo RPM then immediately shuts off.

It may not be related, but I think there was a recall on A8 for throttle sticking. Not sure if it was as late as 200, but worth checking with dealer?

AA site has a list of recall notices:

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/recalls/recalls.jsp?modelID=B3&modelName=A8&makeName=Audi&makeId=A2