PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Repairing Climate Control LCD?

gary_m
05-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had repaired their climate control lcd readout, and could give me some advice on how to do it?

The problem is that one of the numbers on the lcd panel (showing the temperature) is 'missing' some parts. The climate control, heater, etc is working perfectly, it's just the readout. I have attached a photo of the same unit that is in my car (however the one in the photo is working :( )

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6900/a4nc5.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sam
05-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Not sure it'll be financially viable to tear into the unit just to repair the LCD.

Have a poke about on eBay and see if you can pick any second hand ones up.

Welcome to the site too!

gary_m
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Thank you for the advice and welcome :D

I did see one on eBay, and was half-planning on getting it, but then I thought it would be worth having a go at repairing it myself (can you tell I'm Scottish? ;)) , and if that failed, I could then look at getting a second-hand one.

I'm going to be wroking away until the weekend, so I'll try your advice of cleaning the pins Andy B8, when I get home. I'll post the outcome to this thread once I have done that.

Thanks again, and I'm glad to be here :approve:

gary_m
24-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Just giving you an update on this issue, as I've finally had some free time to try Andy B8's suggestion - and it worked a treat. A twenty minute job, and I've got rid of a niggling issue.

My computer readout (instrument panel) has a few problems with the pixels. I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if I can get that sorted too.

Thanks Andy