PDA

View Full Version : anyone had a new injector fitted

jeepster1961
29-09-2008, 04:31 PM
hi all, got my passat 140 about 7mths ago, the dealer i bought it off has had both fuel pumps replaced but the car still smokes slightly.
i took it to vw and they diagnosed a faulty fuel injector, price including fitting £700 for one,

just wondering if a non franchised dealer would be able to change one. i tried one and they said no way as they didnt have the correct equipment.
mine is the bkp engine.

has anyone had an injector changed

aaman
30-09-2008, 12:23 PM
hi all, got my passat 140 about 7mths ago, the dealer i bought it off has had both fuel pumps replaced but the car still smokes slightly.
i took it to vw and they diagnosed a faulty fuel injector, price including fitting £700 for one,

just wondering if a non franchised dealer would be able to change one. i tried one and they said no way as they didnt have the correct equipment.
mine is the bkp engine.

has anyone had an injector changed

i think all 140 engines smoke a bit on giving it a bit of thottle. ive seen audi with the same engine giving out smoke. you can see it more at night with cars behind you .its the smoke particals that diesels give out. i dont think the common rail does it.

jeepster1961
04-10-2008, 07:56 AM
hi, bit of a long story, my local vw main ******* diagnosed a faulty injector and pump, so i took it back to the chap i got it from ( stratstone) and he took it to their local vw main dealer, i have done this 3 times now,

anyhow they have now diagnosed the same fault as my main dealer, they are going to change the injector wiring harness first then the injector if the change of wiring doesnt cure it.

then its going in the autotrader