PDA

View Full Version : AUDI 80 Boot & Central Locking

morris5714
04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Hello - Please help.

My M Reg Audi 80 locked me in the while I was in a carpark. After getting out I found I couldn't open the boot (still can't) with the key and the central locking will not work. I can open / close all doors manually but I can't open petrol cap (i know there is an emergency release in boot - but don't forget - the key will not open boot!). To add insult to injury something is draining the battery (it was fine before central locking went wrong) so each morning I have to bump start it! I've cut a hole in the back where the seats are so I can retreave all my stuff from the boot.

Any ideas how I can unlock my boot? (I've been spraying WD40 into the lock for a week).

Thanks

Huweth
05-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Hmm, is it an electric or pneumatic central locking system?
If it's electric, the solenoid that controls the boot lock might be faulty, which means it's constantly on trying to keep it locked. This would also explain the draining of the battery.
Try removing the fuse for the central locking. You might then be able to get in the boot and fix the solenoid or whatever is wrong. If removing the fuse also stops the battery draining, you know it's a fault with the boot lock...

morris5714
05-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Many thanks for your reply. The central locking is controlled by vacuum / air? With regard to the fuse box, I did contenplate that but neither the fuse box or maint book says which fuse controls the central locking!