PDA

View Full Version : My Car stereo options ?? 97 A4 1.6se

zenmaster
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi all

I love my audi, but my stereo is crap for one reason...its got a tape cassette. I chucked out all my cassettes and argos furniture :)

I want to upgrade, but what are my options.

Currently have a delta cc stereo - i like all the red lights but thats about it?

I want a audi cd player but is this possible? It seems the CD stereos cannot work because my car does not have CAN-bus :(((

Can I have a audi cd player (not changer) for my audi?

If not, I would like a stereo that doesnt look too different from rest of dash/controls etc.

Anyone help with this?

Best wishes

Eclipse car Audio
04-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi, I think you might be struggling to get an Audi head unit to fit. I fitted an Alpine CDA-9857 which lights up in red and really looks the part especially at night. Most manufacturers do a head unit that will light up in red so its a matter of finding one you like the look of.

Hope this helps

zenmaster
04-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi thanks for reply.

Do you need special adapter for non-audi stereo.?

If so, how much do you pay for these and whats the name?

Eclipse car Audio
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi, you will need a pair of fascia adaptors which you can pick up on Ebay very easily but as long as your car has the original ISO block the new unit should just plug straight in, although you may have to play around with the red and yellow wires on the unit to give you the memory to store your programming

Cheers

zenmaster
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Out of interest,are these stereos a load of rubbish?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250080411860&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Anyone had any experience with these chinese looking things?

Eclipse car Audio
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
They're OK but there doesn't seem to be a mention of the frequency bandwidth for the radio some jap/chinese import radios are only able to pick up Radio 2 unless you get a band xpander (grief). They are generally OK if you want all the toys but if you want a good sounding eay to use unit then I would avoid.

Cheers