PDA

View Full Version : '92 2.8 Quattro - Normal running temp?

rob1sp
28-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I have just bought as above, a '92 2.8 Quattro saloon, 116K on it, all seems fine apart from when I was driving it yesterday, I noticed the temp gauge didn't really rise much above the 50-70 mark, well below the half-way mark which I would usually associate with proper running temp on most cars I've owned. I have no handbook or manual to refer to, can anyone tell me what the correct running temp should be for normal driving?

I'm not getting any warning lights on the dash but the engine did seem very hot to the touch when I got home and opened the bonnet. Checked coolant level and is at correct levels and oil level seems right too, although a bit on the dark side so will need changing.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to Audi's and feel like I've jumped in at the deep end with the quattro/v6 combo!

LowerRag
29-09-2008, 12:20 AM
mine goes to a max of 90 and thats only when i been sitting in heavy traffic for more than 30mins... the oil temp is the same good hard m'way thrashing and doesnt go above 90 normally sits abt 60-70

tend to run very cool normally

rob1sp
30-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok thank you, I took the car out for a longer run the other night, and after about 10 miles the engine seemed to be running rough when the revs dropped to around 2K, it was fine when I changed down a gear to keep revs up higher, and it didn't feel like it was going to stall or anything, just running rough and a bit stuttery.