PDA

View Full Version : Important Insurance, ameding?

monday
28-09-2008, 08:10 PM
i have a provisional license, but want to insure my car now, I'm like that.
when i get my full license i will tell my insurance,

My question is, when i do this will they charge me a new premium or will they wait until renewal.

RickT
28-09-2008, 11:17 PM
When any change is made to the policy the price will change depending on the amendment

Once you past your test the premium will go up..

In insurances terms there is less risk a provisional driver crashing due to them been supervised by a UK licence holder comapred been allowed out in the car on your own..

Rick

monday
29-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Will this mean i will have to pay the preimium difference at the point of amendment or on the renewal date?, i hope it's the latter.

audipersempre
29-09-2008, 09:39 AM
You pay at point of amendment I am afraid. Also be careful because the company that quotes you the best price as a provisional driver may be very expensive when you pass your test................ask me how I know!

Insured my daughter on a provisional license with Quinn Direct as they were the cheapest at £1,150. After she passed her test they wanted to increase the annual premium immediately to over £2,000!!

I cancelled the policy and took a new one out with Elephant for £1,209.

monday
29-09-2008, 11:25 AM
You just saved me from the same fate, (cruddy quin) i'll have check on eliphant.
Looks like i'll have to give the underwrighters a call .....

audipersempre
29-09-2008, 11:30 AM
You might want to look at accelerator policies too. The Elephant policy my daughter has is a 10 month one which still earns a full years no claims bonus at the end assuming she has no accidents.

monday
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
:P every policy atm is comming out at about £2,500 (if i'm lucky)
think i'm gonna have to try and write to the underwrighters (no pun intended) and see if they will insurance me for £1,000 (give 250)

audipersempre
03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Gender is your ain problem then age. It's cheaper when you are young if you are a girl and it's just plain cheaper when you get old!

Still there has to be an advantage to being 48 years old and this is one of the only ones I can think of!!! :(

RickT
03-10-2008, 11:12 PM
It may be worth looking at our forum Insurance supplier... VWAudi Forum Insurance In assosiation with "Chris Knott"

See the section below..

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24937

Remember to mention the forum and your user name for the best discounts..

Cheers

Rick