PDA

View Full Version : A3 wont start, could it be the immobiliser?

museumsteve
28-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi guys
I used my car as normal on Friday, didn;t use it yesterday at all but went to go out today and it wont start. Battery seems fine cos everything is working otherwise but turning the key sometimes (rarely) gives a click but other times does nothing at all.
The immobiliser light on the dash goes out and doesn't flash, if that's any help.
Any suggestions as to where to start looking? I only have one key :(
If I disconnect the bettery for a few minutes then reconnect could it maybe reset the immobiliser?

gixxerk4600
29-09-2008, 08:46 AM
no harm in trying! if that wouldn't work then i would have said the immobiliser. but you say the light goes out!!! i think the next best thing to do would be to ring a garage or audi and see what they say n if needed, get a tow to a garage n they could hook it up to a VAGcom n see what it says!

bigbastow
01-10-2008, 11:40 AM
i got the same problem on my audi a3 on a 98 plate and i just got told it was a low key signal, but yet it wouldnt otherwise so i think i have managed to narrow it down to a fuel problem (well i think anyway) down the line somewhere, but mine trys turning over but wont crank up, but out of nowhere it will, erm when i had mine code read it came up with low key signal, which mean coil pack faulty, tried that and its fine, damaged or key cut wrong, but still doesnt work with the master key, and loose or damaged wires. if that gives you any idea's for the problem then let me know :D:D

A3_FSI_2.0
02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
could be your starter motor if your battery is indeed ok. If the immob has a fault the car will start and die after 1 or seconds and as said the light will stay on.