PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: RNS-E

v_j_r
25-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Can anyone confirm that the RNS-E navigation DVD when inserted can be locked optionaly into the drive ie: not ejectable it cannot be removed until it is unlocked using a code?.

I have been advised this by an Audi dealership that this is the case to save unauthorized removal, but somehow i feel as if I'm being given the runaround when asking for replacement DVD's to be provided with an Audi approved used car?.:confused:

Best Regards.

Issac Hunt
26-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Yes the coding of the RNS-E can be changed to enable or disable the eject button. You can change it yourself with VAG-COM or ask your dealer to do it.

Its often disabled on new cars to prevent the DVD's going miss while the car is in transit.

v_j_r
26-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Many thanks for that, so if the drive is locked and the DVD is in situ does the LCD panel when in the open position say "Empty" or other?.

Best Regards.:D

Issac Hunt
26-09-2008, 02:10 PM
It should give a description of the DVD in the drive if a DVD is inserted, otherwise it will probably say empty. Just get the dealer to enable it so you can see what version DVD is in (and if it is a copy or not!)