PDA

View Full Version : Little more guideance needed with Cruise.

VdoubleU
25-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey all.

Apologies for running over this again as i know there are many threads and guides that cover it, but i just need a small bit of advice to clarify matters.

I have a 06 golf GT that i have bought a cruise control kit for. The kit came with a stalk and one grey wire

Having carried out my research, i successfully installed the stalk and programmed it in using VAD, so the vehicle recognised it was there. I then went to work out where the wire goes. Now to my knowledge it goes from the control module under the steering column to the ecu? Is this correct.

The two problems i have is that the wire has no pin numbers on it so i am unsure what number point it plugs into on the module and on the ecu, could anyone help me out?
Second problem is that i have been following this guide to remove my ecu http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4017198
Everything went well until i got to the two strange headless screws. So i have tried putting a small valley in the head with the dremel as per guide but they won't budge at all. Does anyone know how else to get these off? Do i even need the ECU out?

Thanks and once again, sorry to put this post up again.

VdoubleU