PDA

View Full Version : Servicing question

phil_w
25-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Apologies up front if I'm asking the obvious - but do I HAVE to get my A3 serviced at a main dealer (to keep the warranty sweet etc)? If I get it done at an independent VW/Audi place what are the implications?

Many thanks in advance....

mluton
25-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Apologies up front if I'm asking the obvious - but do I HAVE to get my A3 serviced at a main dealer (to keep the warranty sweet etc)? If I get it done at an independent VW/Audi place what are the implications?

Many thanks in advance....

As long as thegarage is VAT registered and they used VAG (VW) parts, your warranty wont be invalid.

a8 tech
25-09-2008, 08:54 PM
but if you have any failures outside your warranty then Audi will offer no goodwill as they reward loyalty by contributing and in some cases paying 100% PARTS AND LABOUR

mluton
25-09-2008, 10:47 PM
but if you have any failures outside your warranty then Audi will offer no goodwill as they reward loyalty by contributing and in some cases paying 100% PARTS AND LABOUR

This was true with my experience with Skoda.:mad:

audigy
27-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Do what I ask my customers to do - GET A DEAL DONE!

No decent Audi dealership want's to lose a customer, or a sale, but even service advisors wince at some of the numbers that come up on the quick quote screen.

Just be open, ask for a deal, and shop about.

But be realistic, don't ask for a £500 service for £180, it won't happen.

P Maddison
14-10-2008, 07:20 PM
There should be a list of approved service agents in your documents in the glove box.They do not need to be main dealerships but they do have to be service approved by Audi.I think this is available on the Audi website.Here in the Shetland Isles we do not have a main dealership but all cars bought on the UK mainland can be fully serviced at our VW garage.They cannot however do warranty repairs unless you really give them (Audi) some stick and qoute customer practices at them.Hope this helps.