PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat catch stuck

Prey
25-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Probably a small and (hopefully) easy thing but one of the catches for the rear seat back has stuck (97 A3 with one piece seat back) and its really annoying not being able to fold the seats down! Looking at it the only access I can see is to prise the seat padding away in the very top corner of the seat but this doesnt give me room to see inside and not knowing what im doing Id rather not rip the cover/break anything by forcing it.

Anyone know how to access/sort this?

Many thanks.

Prey
30-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Anybody?

dibber
02-10-2008, 08:56 AM
iv got the same problem with mine, no idea how to fix it though.

loki
03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Maybe not the best solution, but mine was sticking too. To get it to release I had to push the seat into the clasp (ie push it backwards) - this releases the pressure on the catch meaning it's easier to get it open. Once you have the seat down you can fiddle with the catch from the back of the seat.

Trail of Dead
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I have the EXACT same problem! My '97 A3 is British spec and my rear seat is catching on the drivers side. I have tried pushing towards the back as the previous guy suggested but it still will NOT budge. :aargh4:

RobinA3
24-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I know it's a couple of months since the last post in this thread but...
I have the same problem. 2000 A3Q.
A mate of mine is on his second S3 and well up on things Audi and he tells me that this is a common problem. Last week mine was in at the local dealer for an 80(ish)K service, so I asked about the rear seat. They can fix, but it's a tricky one as the rear seat needs to come apart and the top cover and catch mechanism need replaced.
Parts - £40, labour - £182!!!
I told them to order me the parts and I'll do the fitting myself...
Will let you know how I get on.
-R.

Prey
25-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I know it's a couple of months since the last post in this thread but...
I have the same problem. 2000 A3Q.
A mate of mine is on his second S3 and well up on things Audi and he tells me that this is a common problem. Last week mine was in at the local dealer for an 80(ish)K service, so I asked about the rear seat. They can fix, but it's a tricky one as the rear seat needs to come apart and the top cover and catch mechanism need replaced.
Parts - £40, labour - £182!!!
I told them to order me the parts and I'll do the fitting myself...
Will let you know how I get on.
-R.

Id be very interested to know if it is a reasonable diy job - ill be waiting to here how you get on!