PDA

View Full Version : scirocco canceled bring on the mk6 gti

law4778
25-09-2008, 12:53 PM
scirocco canceled bring on the mk6 gti
just seen the 1st pictures of the mk6 gti in auto express, it looks stunning so will be canceling my order for the scirocco and will make sure i will be one of the 1st to order the gti looks like it will be about 700 quid more than the scirocco so its well in my price range of 25k, looks like i ll have to wait about another 4 months for my car though the scirocco was due 1st of march, and the gti comes out in the summer.

ondines_curse
25-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Law weren't you banging on about wanting a 'rare-ish' car? How many of these do you think you will see driving around the place?

law4778
25-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Law weren't you banging on about wanting a 'rare-ish' car? How many of these do you think you will see driving around the place?

yeah i was but do you think the scirocco is really going to be that rare especially when they release the other engines, the mk5 golf gti has always been my no1 normal car to own (my dream car being a 911 turbo) and when i got the chance to order one they had stopped production thats why i got tempted by the scirocco in my heart i new it was the wrong choice because i ve got a little girl and one on the way but i thought stuff it, now with the mk 6 gti i will have the best of both worlds, i think it will be like any other popular car the gti is so mainstream its always going to be popular, the only route to get a car that isnt popular would something like a mazda 3 mps and who wants to drive round in a mazda.

ondines_curse
25-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, lovely car the gti. I have some very elderly neighbours who love theirs due to its practicality and friends who push theirs to the red-line at every opportunity. The scirocco will be a rarer sight on the road as VW are only going to be building a certain number a year.

Not sure how the 'rocco is going to stand up as a family car so you're right to go for something with more back seat potential IMHO.

ashadam
25-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, lovely car the gti. I have some very elderly neighbours who love theirs due to its practicality and friends who push theirs to the red-line at every opportunity. The scirocco will be a rarer sight on the road as VW are only going to be building a certain number a year.

Not sure how the 'rocco is going to stand up as a family car so you're right to go for something with more back seat potential IMHO.

Rubbish VW will build as much as they can sell, its not an Aston Martin.

mister.c.
26-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Handbrake will be on the wrong side and the entry level versions of the Golf will clearly cheapen the car. It wont be a rare site on the roads either.

I doubt you'll be impressed by the engine either.

And don't forget to list the cars you've driven when you find the Golfs mats are not as comfy as you think they'll be & when the carpet in the boot is slightly the wrong colour :D

law4778
26-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Handbrake will be on the wrong side and the entry level versions of the Golf will clearly cheapen the car. It wont be a rare site on the roads either.

I doubt you'll be impressed by the engine either.

And don't forget to list the cars you've driven when you find the Golfs mats are not as comfy as you think they'll be & when the carpet in the boot is slightly the wrong colour :D

Eh ?

engineermk
30-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Eh ?

I guess we're all thinking about your earlier thread where many people made some observations about handbrake positions, engine options, production volumes, bluetooth, etc...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=47888

Still the GTI with be a fine car and i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

wigit
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
law4778 you can still buy a mk5 gti if you wish but not factory order, there are a number still in the system, however, it is likely you will have to see what specs etc are in the production run. the new gti is not on sale to summer next year so a long time. having been sat in the dealer to discuss collection of our gti pirelli my partner will drive i looked at the rising blue scirocco in the show room and still remain pleased i went for one of them instead of being a two gti household

law4778
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
law4778 you can still buy a mk5 gti if you wish but not factory order, there are a number still in the system, however, it is likely you will have to see what specs etc are in the production run. the new gti is not on sale to summer next year so a long time. having been sat in the dealer to discuss collection of our gti pirelli my partner will drive i looked at the rising blue scirocco in the show room and still remain pleased i went for one of them instead of being a two gti household

i know i went in a few wks ago but all that seemed to be left was edition 30's or standard gti s specced up to the eyeballs im talking 30k for the normal gti its a lot of money, anyway canceled the scirocco after having a test in the dsg at the weekend i realised after a few months of ownership the novalty would have worn off with getting 2 kids in the back on a regular basis so ive ordered a new audi A4 s line with the new 2.0T 211ps engine good for 0-62 in 6.9 secs pick it up next friday even though its a 28,000 grand car and more powerful engine than scirocco its 24 quid a month cheaper company car tax.

wigit
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
nice choice law4778, £30k for a gti, i thought £31k was steep for a s3... intersting plenty of ed30s in the system given orders stopped in april/may... a4 has deserved that engine

law4778
02-10-2008, 12:44 PM
nice choice law4778, £30k for a gti, i thought £31k was steep for a s3... intersting plenty of ed30s in the system given orders stopped in april/may... a4 has deserved that engine

cheers

MalcQV
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
yeah i was but do you think the scirocco is really going to be that rare especially when they release the other engines, the mk5 golf gti has always been my no1 normal car to own (my dream car being a 911 turbo) and when i got the chance to order one they had stopped production thats why i got tempted by the scirocco in my heart i new it was the wrong choice because i ve got a little girl and one on the way but i thought stuff it, now with the mk 6 gti i will have the best of both worlds, i think it will be like any other popular car the gti is so mainstream its always going to be popular, the only route to get a car that isnt popular would something like a mazda 3 mps and who wants to drive round in a mazda.

Forget the Golf, upto 25k for a run of the mill car! Search the Autotrader you will get a very good 911 for less than £20k, spend the change on a run-about and have smiles more fun ;)

ashadam
02-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Forget the Golf, upto 25k for a run of the mill car! Search the Autotrader you will get a very good 911 for less than £20k, spend the change on a run-about and have smiles more fun ;)

Malc is that a joke I've owned a 911 C4 and even though MPG was not to bad running cots where a joke. Rear tyres £245 each (every 5k miles) servicing between £375 - skys the limit dependant on what faults are found and there always is on these cars. Front spoiler to be re spreayed once per annum (stone chips) £260 - £400. The list is endless.

All in all the pleasure from driving the car is great but you lose a lot of money, constantly whilst owning the car. MK6 Gti thats the way ahead unless money is not an issue or you dont mind wasting it.

gossa
29-11-2008, 12:24 AM
My nine and seven year old love it in the back of the 'roc so anyone looking to use this car as a family wagon shouldn't have a problem. Had an A4 Avant 2.0T Sline multitragic (that's how Audi dealers refer to the reliability of the multitronic gearbox) , nice car but nowhere near as engaging as the 'roc.

Still, great everyone likes different things otherwise we'd all be driving the same eh?