PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.9TDI Intermittent power fault

Dave.jj
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi all....

I have been getting an intermittent fault which I can only describe to be as if the car were petrol and had a dodgy spark plug. Now and then I will be accelerating and then all of a sudden it is like the car has a drop in power (just like a car running on 3 cylinders when it should be 4) it will then run like that until I switch off, when I restart it is fine again. when it happens now I switch off as I am coasting and switch on again and it is back to full power.... any ideas please...

Thanks in advance.

Dave.jj
03-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I have juat read the Thread "SMOKEY A4 19 TDI " posted by brendanMC, it looks like its the same problems that I am having... so I will follow up some of the suggestions there, unless of course anyone has any other ideas....

REMO
13-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi all....

I have been getting an intermittent fault which I can only describe to be as if the car were petrol and had a dodgy spark plug. Now and then I will be accelerating and then all of a sudden it is like the car has a drop in power (just like a car running on 3 cylinders when it should be 4) it will then run like that until I switch off, when I restart it is fine again. when it happens now I switch off as I am coasting and switch on again and it is back to full power.... any ideas please...

Thanks in advance.

HI, SOUNDS LIKE WATER TEMP SWITCH THAT COMUNICATES WITH THE ECU ON FUEL MIXTURE, ON THE TOP THE HEAD ON THE RIGHT SIDE AS YOUR STANDING IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE, TOWARDS THE BACK THEIRS A PLASTIC COWLING WITH THE WATER PIPE COMING OFF IT, INSIDE THE COWLING IS THE SENSOR WITH A WIRE COMING OFF IT THERE ABOUT £20 FROM AUDI. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.