PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's TDI A4 reluctant to start?

AndyH123
24-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,

Probably coincidence or some sort of driver error, but my A4 suddenly seems to be in a mood when it comes to starting.

I end up with just the orange engine light showing and a subsequent push of the key either starts it up, or puts me back to square one.

Pretty sure it isn't my left foot, 'cause it tells you about that. It's also done it while cold and warm, so no idea what's going on.

Had my other half in hysterics when I was sat at a T-Junction without realising the engine had stalled, and then wouldn't start with a simple stylish "push" of the key :)

RichardCranium
25-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Mine wont start unless clutch pedal is rooted to the floor. Stalled it a few times, with embarrassing results of not putting my foot low enough, pressing the key and turning the ignition off!

AndyH123
25-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, maybe that's it and I'm just getting a bit slack!

Satch
29-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Mine wont start unless clutch pedal is rooted to the floor. Stalled it a few times, with embarrassing results of not putting my foot low enough, pressing the key and turning the ignition off!

:D Done that a few times myself, glad I'm not alone.:o

Audi Happy
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Had it myself and always stall it in reverse, Do any of you guys know how to turn the ignition on ?? I found if i push the key without the clutch in the ignition comes on but to take the key out i have to start and stop the engine. It's a pain when all you want to do is play with your new gadgets and you have to sit on the drive starting and stopping the engine.