PDA

View Full Version : a4 cab

davidfbmw
24-09-2008, 05:02 PM
has anyonefitted got a towbar on a4 cab,want one that is invisible or almost invisible,what the best way with wiring i have reverse sensors
Cheers Dave F

Arg
24-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I fitted a Westfalia detachable one from Towequipe

With it detached and the socket folded up.

Attached and socket folded down

I used universal electrics with a bypass relay. Ryder do a parking sensor cut out relay (TFR1), I am poor at reversing, so I didn't bother.

Dave and Diane
30-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi
Just bought a 2004 A4 cabriolet myself and also want a quick release swan neck type tow bar. I tow trailer once a month and a small caravan ocasionaly. Some swan neck bars are advertised as detachable, I think they mean you un bolt them, no great hassle I suppose. Others are as they say quick release, without the use of spanners and obviously more expensive . There seems to be a huge variation in price. Just looking for advice from somone who has actually done the job to fit on and uses the bar on a reqular basis. Prefer to fit one that involves the least cutting of bumper and associated metalwork and is invisible or almost when fitted.
Will share ideas and prices of what is available if anyone is interested.

Ben
30-01-2009, 11:55 PM
have a read through this http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9482 then apply the same thinking to your a4's, there will be many similarities. Although the cars differ, the supplier bits wont.

Arg
13-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi
Just bought a 2004 A4 cabriolet myself and also want a quick release swan neck type tow bar. I tow trailer once a month and a small caravan ocasionaly. Some swan neck bars are advertised as detachable, I think they mean you un bolt them, no great hassle I suppose. Others are as they say quick release, without the use of spanners and obviously more expensive . There seems to be a huge variation in price. Just looking for advice from somone who has actually done the job to fit on and uses the bar on a reqular basis. Prefer to fit one that involves the least cutting of bumper and associated metalwork and is invisible or almost when fitted.
Will share ideas and prices of what is available if anyone is interested.

The Westfalia one is the same as the one supplied by Audi and has a little knob you turn and pull, then the tow hook drops off. It also is supplied with a key to lock it on.