PDA

View Full Version : mk6 gti press release

law4778
24-09-2008, 12:23 PM
just had a call from the main dealer where i have ordered a scirocco and he has just had an email from vw stating the following, there will be a press release for autocar in some studio anytime now and that the official reveal will be at the paris motorshow in the begining of october, he also said the official release would be the 2nd half of 2009 i was asking about it the other day because i had read the gti was coming out in the spring and my scirocco is due on the 1st march so i was thinking of cancleing the order and waiting a couple of more months to get one of the 1st mk6 gti's but now i dont think will be willing to wait nearly a year from now for a new car, what would everyone else do bearing in mind its a company car and i have to run it for 5 years i dont want be 2 years down the line and everytime i see the gti on the road be wishing i had waited that bit longer.

ashadam
24-09-2008, 12:48 PM
just had a call from the main dealer where i have ordered a scirocco and he has just had an email from vw stating the following, there will be a press release for autocar in some studio anytime now and that the official reveal will be at the paris motorshow in the begining of october, he also said the official release would be the 2nd half of 2009 i was asking about it the other day because i had read the gti was coming out in the spring and my scirocco is due on the 1st march so i was thinking of cancleing the order and waiting a couple of more months to get one of the 1st mk6 gti's but now i dont think will be willing to wait nearly a year from now for a new car, what would everyone else do bearing in mind its a company car and i have to run it for 5 years i dont want be 2 years down the line and everytime i see the gti on the road be wishing i had waited that bit longer.

I would wait if you have to keep vehicle for 5 years, offcial release for what MK6 GTI or just MK6?

law4778
24-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I would wait if you have to keep vehicle for 5 years, offcial release for what MK6 GTI or just MK6?

mk6 gti the normal one is out in january

ashadam
24-09-2008, 01:06 PM
mk6 gti the normal one is out in january

If thats the case I would wait then you can't beat the GTi and I am sure the new one will be superb.