PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Key(s) fail to disengage Immobiliser

mad_az
23-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Had to get a recovery van to bring me home tonight as I got in the car, put the key in the ignition, turned the key, bloody immobiliser light starts flashing! I start the engine, it turns over for a second and then cuts out. I got home, tried the other key and it is the same thing with that!?

I'm assuming the car has simply "forgotten" that my keys have not been cut by some pikey with a drill because 10 hours before it happily started and got me into work!

Is it going to be a SEAT dealer job to code up the keys again? Problem is, car won't start. Can I just take the keys and the registration and they can just sort it out or do they also need to to see the car?

It's a 1999 (V) 1.8 20v SE by the way.

ini
24-09-2008, 01:47 PM
It sounds like the immob reader coil (around ignition coil) rather than the keys.

The dealer will most likely fit a new ignition barrel, so it may be worth having a look to see if anything is frayed/worn or disconnected (rake & reach adjustable steering can accelerate problems).

scotswarrior
17-04-2009, 10:43 PM
my car is currently suffering the same prob although i dont have a rake and reach can anyone suggest a resolution to this pain of a problem