PDA

View Full Version : golf mk III heater

garyhughes
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi, First time posting on this site.

Just bought a MkIII golf as our second run around. I have a passat Tdi SE as the main car. Anyway. The Golf is great but now that I have it home I've realised that the heater is not working to it's full potential. With the heat setting on full I'm only getting luke warm air into the cabin. I had a Seat Ibiza before this and as a comparison I'd say the Golf's heater on full heat is about the same as the Ibiza on quarter heat setting or less. Anyone got any ideas on how to rectify this?

jstguk
30-06-2008, 02:42 PM
it couod be somethign to do with the coolant levels. if a car has low coolant levels, then the heaters wont blow out any hot air. it worked for me, say may of little help. jkustin

felixthegolf
07-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Flush the system out and ensure correct mix of coolant - makes a big difference every time I've done it. Not sure if it applies to Vdubs but I had a Toyota Celica which had a dramatic drop in heater temp - shortly afterwards I was driving along and steam started coming out of the air vents followed by a lake developing in the passenger footwell. Heater matrix had burst - 12hr job and entire dash out to replace it :zx11: