PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 tdi estate 1994 central locking

ColinM
14-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi

I'm a new Audi 80 owner (bought this week) and was wondering if you knew if my model should have central locking or not?? I only have the master key but am sure the lock makes a - trying to lock all doors - sound when I turn the key..

Help would be appreciated as there doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual out there for my car.

Cheers

Colin :beerchug:

stuart
15-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi

As far as I know, almost all had central locking. The system is controled by a pump. in the boot area I belive.

If the system is not working, I would check all the junctions were the pipes join the door locks and pump. Also check make sure the pump is working , but if you can here this, it sounds OK.

Hope this helps

Stuart

ColinM
15-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok I'll have a look...

Thanks Stuart

ColinM
25-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Wasn't the pump in the end...
It would seem the fuse was removed by the previous owner which disabled the central locking... replaced it and it works fine. Well I thought it did until I tried to turn over the engine, the immobiliser had kicked in and wouldn't let me start the car... Grrr.. I'm guessing I'm going to have to contact an Audi dealer to get the correct remote to disable the immobiliser?

stuart
26-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Not sure, but I pretty sure that the pump also has somthing to do with the contol of the immobiliser.

Stuart

Kathy
20-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi Colin and others

Hi guys, - I am a new member and would not want to teach anyone to suck eggs etc., but this very monrning, I found a website in the States that is willing to supply CD Roms - the same as a dealer would use to check the maintenance of a the car for approximately £15.00 - website address is: www.datamanuals.net. I have ordered one and hopefully it will include all that I will need to know about my great car - just love it - the best ever car that I have had! Hope this info is of use to you.

Regards

Kathy

ColinM
20-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Hi Kathy

You have to be careful with these CD roms from the states. I bought one a few weeks ago claiming it had all the data for all Audi models.. when I tried it out it only had the specs for the US model Audi 80 (the 2.6 petrol one).
I hope the one you ordered has the correct info.. if it does I'll buy one too!

Ta

Colin

mmatt
21-10-2005, 01:56 AM
the immobiliser is conected to the central locking and a relay behind the right hand side of the dash.i could have a look and see wh which wirers are involved.I had to by pass this after mine was stolen an damaged.

stuart
23-10-2005, 11:12 AM
This is a good source for VAG service manuals, I belive there is also a section that allows you to view on a "pay per view" basis.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/

Stuart

Kathy
23-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Stuart -

I tried your recommendation before I visited the site in the states - unfortunately, like Haynes, they have not published anything for Audi 90 post 1992 - not sufficient cars supplied to justify the cost is the reason from Haynes and I guess it may be the same for Bentley - however, somebody did advise me that the US insists that any imports into the States have to be supported by full service and maintenance manuals (read CDs today I guess) - freely available for joe public to gain access too - whether that was a porky or not - anybody's guess. Anyhow, I await delivery of my CD and as soon as it is to hand shall check it out and let you guys know. Still love my car!

Kat :beerchug: :beerchug:

ColinM
24-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks Matt that would be a great help if you could let me know which wires I need to disconnect/bypass..

ColinM
09-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Kath

Any luck with the CD rom??