PDA

View Full Version : need some technicle help

matty657
22-09-2008, 09:58 PM
hi all new to site, i took a punt and bought a o3 i.8 20v vrs (skoda) with a miss fire plugged it in and replaced all the coil packs and it runs like a dream, the problem i have now is every 3-4 days it chucks out excessive blue smoke,(just see the car behind in rear veiw mirror when idling), if i boot it the smoke clears up and theres no smoke as if nothing is wrong which i cant understand because i dont know where to start. the fault code i get each time is 17705 turbo/throttle valve connection pressure loss p1297, i've check intercooler connections and all pipes are secure with stupid clips, p.s i have no power loss even when its smokin, anybody have any idears.

matty657
26-09-2008, 09:23 PM
could it be that the valve stem oil seals have worn

Crasher
26-09-2008, 09:56 PM
The fault code will be a dirty throttle body which needs cleaning and re-adapting in Basic Settings 04, Group 060. I bought my 03 VRS dead with a ragged engine due to oil pressure loss. After fitting a new genuine exchange engine I found the turbo was stuffed and it was doing as yours is so I would suspect the turbo. I would suggest you also drop the sump and clean it out and remove the oil pick up and clean it out, many a 1.8T engine and turbo have gone south due to a blocked pick up.

matty657
27-09-2008, 06:56 PM
thanks for the info will drop the sump and clean along with pickup pipe when i replace cam belt next week, will also remove turbo pipes and check that out too, cheers very much for pointers,